Sunday, March 30, 2008

The devil strikes again

Oh look! Here I am again- though this time I'm not in the library!

but the good news: one month from tomorrow and no more homework. weird.
there's something really strange about going to school straight for 16 years and then all of a sudden stopping. I'm a bit apprehensive, though more excited I think.
I think I'm most excited to read for fun (and especially to hit up my friends, but especially a certain cousin, for book recommendations). Though- I am a bit afraid that I am a bit too ADD to read entire books. My life so far has been divided into small time blocks with many different classes and tons of different things to focus on at once (and hardly ever are we expected to read a whole book for class, without reading other things at the same time) It will be quite a challenge.
Speaking of books- I had the most lovely afternoon at my FAVORITE book store (the co-op) in H-square. It is hands down the most comforting place in Boston outside of my house. I especially like the tables they set up on different themes. Though, I always get super-ovewhelmed, because I am reminded of how many books I have never read and how much I want to read. And, there are SO many books there. Seriously, its four floors, and they have EVERYTHING. But, then yesterday, I was suprised to learn that there was only TWO travel books about Georgia (the country) one was really bad, and one was Lonely Planet from 4 years ago. Perhaps part of my mission during my trip should be to update it! But, still it made me really excited at the a) possibility that I will be spending the next year in a place that is SO off the map, but sounds SO charming, and b) that I found the Achiles heel of the Co-Op!

cool beans.
Oh! and I read a great article this AM from today's NY Times about bloggers becoming published authors. (hint hint: I know there's a book publisher out there who will realize that all my rantings and ravings are a sign of my magic ability to write a fabulous book) And, as my one comment suggests, I'm supposed to post a link to this mentioned article so others can read:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/30/fashion/30web.html?ref=style so enjoy it!

back to work. thanks for reading :)

No comments: